frame

Do I need a demat account to invest in mutual funds?

I want to invest in mutual funds. But I don't have demat/trading account. How do I invest?

Tagged:

Comments

• No. You do not need a brokerage account to invest in mutual funds. You can invest through different online platforms like Funds India or Groww, where you can create an account within minutes--

https://www.fundsindia.com/
    https://groww.in

• No, you dont need demat account.
    You can either invest through mycams online portal (14 AMC's) are there or you can directly invest through AMC website.

• Dematerialisation is holding financial securities in an electronic form in a demat account. While stocks sold via exchanges need to be held compulsorily in the demat format, for mutual funds (MFs), this is not so. MF Utilities is owned by the AMCs and is reliable and safe. You can buy MFs through a distributor directly through a fund house's website or through your broker on stock exchanges. Earlier, to buy through an exchange, a demat account was necessary. But now you can transact in MFs on exchanges (via a registered adviser or a broker) without opening a demat account.

Thanks and Regards,
    Rutuja Shah
    best stock broker online | best online stock trading company

• For investing in a mutual fund you don't need a demat account but if you are investing in a stock then you must have a demat account. If you start SIp (Systematic Investment Plan) then you require only your Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Passport Photo, Nominee Pan Details, Margin Cheque of that amount where you start like 2,000 monthly or 5,000 monthly. Your cheque must be your name printed otherwise first copy of your passbook is required.

• No, you do not need any demat/trading account for investing in mutual funds.
    I generally do my investment in Mutual funds & my SIPS through RupeeVest. Its a user friendly website.It has saved me from the hassle of meeting the broker and having long discussions regarding the choice of investments.
    You just need to sign-up on their website by providing your details. They will send you a follow-up email mentioning the documents required.

• You don't need a Demat account to invest in mutual funds. You can apply for a SIP investment plan - Mutual funds online. It's the best plan. Visit the link of Kotak Mutual fund, know your KYC, fill up the form by entering the correct details.submit the form and Link your bank account.

• No. You dont need a Demat account to invest in mutual funds. I'd suggest that you invest in direct mutual funds instead of regular plans. Direct plans have lesser expense ratio and thus they help you generate better returns.
    https://www.orowealth.com/ is one of the best sites you can find to invest in direct mutual funds plans.

• Demat Account is mandatory for trading in the stock market. It is not required for Mutual Fund investments of any kind including SIP. Mutual Fund investors don't really need to open a demant account. Transacting in Mutual Funds without a demat statement is convenient and so far remains the preferred choice for majority investors.